Monday, January 27, 2014

A Favorite Common Core Connection

Common core is the big buzz around schools and teaching so over the summer I planned a few ways that I would use to connect art. One of my favorite lessons that I'm doing is paper mache puppets for a Readers Puppet Theater with second grade. Over the next couple of weeks I will show and tell how they are doing. Students are all excited about every aspect of this unit!

Our first step, naturally, was Paper Mache!



Students love the mess of it all! Even when they complained, they really meant- This is awesome!


Next, students paint the puppet heads white and to decorated their puppet bodies. I recruited parent volunteers to sew puppet bodies over the holiday break and that was a HUGH help!

I'll be posting our next steps soon so please check back to see their progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment